Castleville Gift Links: New Format is Coming!

is Getting a Face Lift!

We are trying out a new format for posting links.

Please leave any feedback or suggestions you may have.

Gift Links will return very soon with fresh links.

Thanks for your patience.

UPDATE#1:
The first batch of links is up in the new format.
Please use the Gift Links Navigation Button to Select Item Type.
So far Links have been added for: Aquamarine, Crystal Shards, Diamonds, Gold Bricks, Iron Picks, Purity Talismans, Small Energy Potions, Wolf Hair and Wood Clubs.
More Links will be added throughout the course of the day.

UPDATE#2:
Added another batch of links dated 26.03.2012 to the following items: Grape Juice, Stone Blocks, Red Feathers, Berries, Carrots, Sugar Cane, Wool, BeesWax, Blue Feather, Cowhide, Flax, Milk Bottle, Ogres Belch, Pail of Water, and Tomato.
More to come...

UPDATE#3:
I've added fresh links for Grape Juice, Stone Blocks, Diamonds, Gold Bricks, Iron Picks, Purity Talismans, and Small Energy Potions since the old ones have been claimed/expired.
Check out the Incentives Page for a Large Energy, Huge Energy, and Emerald Pony Incentive Items that have been reactivated.
I will be adding all the missing items and the next post for March 28th will include some goodies for Spring!!
'Til Then...

Here's some St. Patty's Day Rare Items that were left over for anyone who wants them.

Date: 26.03.2012 12:08 Item: Cloves
Date: 26.03.2012 12:08 Item: BucketOSpuds
Date: 26.03.2012 12:08 Item: Cloves
Date: 26.03.2012 12:08 Item: EmptyBottle
Date: 26.03.2012 12:08 Item: GoblinJuice
Date: 26.03.2012 12:08 Item: MiracleSilk
Date: 26.03.2012 12:08 Item: MoonCheese
Date: 26.03.2012 12:08 Item: Nectar
Date: 26.03.2012 12:08 Item: RainbowBlueprint
Date: 26.03.2012 12:08 Item: RedRibbon
Date: 26.03.2012 12:08 Item: StarlightBottle
Date: 26.03.2012 12:08 Item: StringOfPearls

Share This Page: Share On Facebook +1 This Post Digg This Post Stumble This Post Tweet This Post Tweet This Post Tweet This Post Save Tis Post To Delicious Share On Reddit Bookmark On Technorati

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

Any feedback, questions or ideas are always welcome. In case you are posting Code ,then first escape it using Postify and then paste it in the comments

9 comments:

1. This comment has been removed by the author.

ReplyDelete
  2. The older layout of the page was far more better than the new one. It was much more easy to find what you were looking for. You could always press "?" sign in Fireox or Ctrl+F in other browser and just type particular item.

If you really want to change layout please make it easier for us to browse your page. For example place date of last posted link under a picture of that item so that everyone would know if there are some new links.

In my humble opinion the older layout should be restored, because it's better and much more user-friendly. You can always place some bookmarks (links) on the top of the page (in the older layout) that will move the page to the particular item and there you can put a link called go back or move up that will bring user back to the top of the page.

Hope that You restore older layout.
    Take care mates! :)

ReplyDelete
  3. On the second thought maybe you can let user decide which layout she/he want to use by clicking "Change layout" button placed on the home page?

ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. Thanks for such speedy feedback - Though I was only just starting making the new layout.

The whole idea was to make it easier to navigate to different items. And I've added your suggestions without even knowing about them [ex. placing dates under the image of item, and Go Back buttons].

Instead of a single massive post each day with loads of different links, there will now be a post dedicated to a single item. And each item's batch of links will be dated. And all items are sorted by category and easily accessible from the "Gift Links" drop down menu.

I also plan on adding a blurb of information to each items page for easy reference [ex. cost, selling price, tending periods, ect.].

I hope you change your mind after ALL changes have been made and all item post pages are FULL of links.

Later.

4. I dont agree..new is better coz less scroling and you can open few tabs to see what you want to take..I vote for new stile! Regards By Neno

ReplyDelete
  5. I like both ways. But I have to agree with the person above me here about the less scrolling a tabs. But overall, I'm not going to complain about either way. *You* are doing *Us* a favor by even running this little gem so I say whatever works for you, works for me!
    Happy Tuesday!! :)

ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

ReplyDelete
  7. Ok so I'm looking forward to fully changed site:) About data under image of item, please consider doing sth like that (link: http://tiny.pl/hpwm1 ).

About too much scrolling; I don't know if my english is that bad or some of you just didn't read my earlier post carefully. I've said that it in my opinion it was easier before because when we have all link on one page we could (instead of scrolling) press keyboard shortcut Ctrl + F (or just "?" button in firefox) and type whatever we want to find. This is really easy way to find all links we need. But, as I said before, it is only my own humble opinion.

Don't get me wrong, but new is not always better:) Anyway, I'm waiting for the final look of the new layout!:) You're doing great job!
    Good luck mate! :)

ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 33million, I hope you like the new format.
      No need for scrolling or Ctrl+F to find stuff. Every item now has its own page. And this leaves the home page open for other daily posts.
      Later bro.